Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Fiber Group

Today we had a "Fiber Group" meeting. A few of us ruminant lovers get together from time to time to craft a bit whilst we chat. The topics generally comprise of some sort of craft or cookery that we are interested in. Our hope is to bring a few more into the fold and exchange ideas and resources...at the very least we make progress on our projects.
 Jen demonstrates drop spindling. I love the color of the fiber she's using. She sells her work at markets here in the Upper Valley. You can check out her etsy store for a selection of sheep fiber and such.








Linda brought some knitting as well as a lovely rug hooking project. Both Linda and Jen spin fiber and serve as knowledgable resources.

Anne joined us today with thoughts of learning to spin and acquiring some tools and materials. I hope our group will continue to meet as it is a great time to catch up, see what others are doing and keep momentum going.

Its satisfying to connect with folks who have varied interests in crafts. I never get bored with all the choices at my fingertips. I only get frustrated that I have just one life with this particular skill set and opportunities and not enough time.

Poor me.
; )

No comments:

Post a Comment